Colombian Food, Mojarra Frita

Colombian Food, Mojarra Frita
Colombian Food, Mojarra Frita

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beef Pot Roast With Mashed Potatoes and Cheese Bread

Beef Pot Roast With Mashed Potatoes and Cheese Bread

3-4 lb Beef Roast Defrosted ( I can't remember the exact kind I chose from the store-I usually go with a well marbled beef that way it does not dry out or becomes tough)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Enough water to cover the Roast
Chopped Basil Leaves
1 yellow onion chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp beef bouillon
1 tsp season all
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
Crock Pot
 Add cream of mushroom soup and seasonings to crock pot. Add 1 cup of water. And mix well. Then add the roast. Keep adding water until the roast is all but covered. Cook on high setting for 4 to 5 hours. When done slice or shred for serving. I use the liquid left over for gravy for the potatoes. (I didn't add a thickening agent (like cornstarch or flour) for the gravy but sometimes I do)

Mashed Potatoes
Once roast has 30 minutes or so left start the potatoes.
5-6 potatoes (or 2 potatoes per person eating)
Boil in salted water until tender when poked with fork.
Mash potatoes with a potato masher or use hand mixer.
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk
Salt to taste
Add butter and milk to mashed potatoes and stir until well incorporated.

Cheese bread
I got this great recipe for a stone fire pizza dough. Quick 3-Hour Pizza Dough( I do not own a stone fire cooker) But this recipe works well with pizza stones in your regular oven. I made to directions for the 3 hr method. I had a lot of dough left over from when I made pizzas that I stuck the remainder in the fridge for a day. And I took it out and let sit for about an hour. I rolled out the dough on wax paper then stuck on my oven stone and drizzled it with olive oil and salt and mozzarella cheese. I cooked it in preheated 450 degree oven for about 15 min.

Serve and enjoy!! My husband loved this dinner! The kids liked it ok and ate most of what I gave them which is like most of our dinners :) We usually have left overs of the beef and use it for beef taquitos the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment